Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lulu's Bubble


20x16" oil on canvas, SOLD

Several people have asked me lately if I do commissions. The answer is yes, well.... kinda sorta. As long as you don't really expect that it will look like you or your family. What I mean is that the good folks that have hired me to do paintings of their family fully expect my wacky version of their family. And they're OK with that. Really. This painting is a perfect example. A very lovely couple found me through eBay and discovered that we live only a few miles apart. They visited my studio and bought a few paintings and also asked me to paint one of their family (I'll post it on another day) and this one, Lulu's Bubble. They told me a few interesting details about the family (and the dog, Lulu) and sent me photos. I then work on re-arranging the facial structure while maintaining the essence and personality of the subject. And I always find a way to interject some humor and whimsy! So yes, I do commissions but, no, it won't look a thing like you! Whew! That's a relief, huh?

No comments: