Wednesday, February 27, 2008

32 Flavors And Then Some


8x6" oil on canvas, SOLD

I was listening to Ani DiFranco while I was painting this and one of my favorite songs by Ani is 32 Flavors. Seemed like it applied to this piece. You really should listen to it sometime. Anyway, I really like the way this one turned out--loose and brushy (that's a technical term, by the way). And that outrageous blue in the background! Can't get enough of it lately. So here ya go, Ani, a poster girl with no poster...

4 comments:

Helen Read said...

Your paintings always bring a smile and inspiration! I always enjoy my visits to your blog :)

Jelaine Faunce said...

Me, too! This piece is so cool. Love those colors!!!

Brenda York said...

Thanks you two, I love hearing from other artists. Especially ones that I admire like both of you!! Now get back to the easel...

Jelaine Faunce said...

Yes ma'am.