Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jaye, Part B


8x6" oil on canvas, available on MY WEBSITE

OK, here's the second half of my diptych. Yesterday was the first half and tomorrow I will post the whole enchilada (or sandwich, in this case). If you can't wait until tomorrow you can see it on my website. Lately, I have received many really sweet and flattering emails/comments about my paintings and I want to thank each and every one of you. I read them all and sometimes I'm not as quick about answering as I want to be....ahhh, the wonder/frustration of art in the cyberworld. I find it just mind boggling that, today alone, I've had visitors to
this very blog from Singapore, Finland, Canada, Slovakia, Italy, Dubai, Paris, New York and Eden Prairie, Minnesota. (OK, I can't think about that too much or I'll get a stomach ache.) But it is so wonderful that my artwork can be seen all over the world. It's also really scary that my artwork can be seen all over the world. For me, it's all about the journey and sometimes on this journey I make a painting that I'm truly proud of. And there are plenty of other days where the painting is just plain pitiful. But, good or bad, every painting is part of the journey. And it's so nice to have my own cheering section lining my path.

No comments: