Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pup E Love

8x10" oil on canvas, SOLD

My long-time friends know that I haven't always been a dog person. I never disliked dogs--just didn't really want to live with 'em. Well, once you have kids you end up doing a lot of things you never thought you'd do. Like adopting a dog. Or two. I now I can't imagine life without Petey and Nellie, our family furballs. So when Nellie, my scruffy little sidekick, had surgery on her leg 12 days ago it was a sad time at our house. We were all worried about little Nel. But her leg's almost good as new now--she's just not supposed to walk on it for two weeks. Yeah, right! Try telling that to a so-happy-to-be-feeling-better former circus dog. So I've been schlepping her around for days now. I feel like one of those women who carries around their pfoofy little dressed-up pooch in a shiny pink bag. Geez! Good thing she weighs only 16 pounds. And good thing we love her so much...

4 comments:

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Or...you can get one of those kennel on a stroller for her... and they come in pink!
Or are those for kids?

Brenda York said...

Oh my gosh, don't laugh, Deb, but I actually thought about getting one of those strollers! Desperate times....

Anonymous said...

Unlike you I have always been a dog person, but now for the first time we have a female. I can't believe that I am in pet stores looking at collars and thinking she would look so pretty with some bling.

Love your work - could you ever talk about how you developed your special style. Thanks
Suzy

Brenda York said...

That's a good idea, Suzy. I'll give some thought to including info on the long and winding road to what is now my style. Stay tuned!