Thursday, October 8, 2009

4+20 Blackbirds Come Unhinged


36x24" oil on canvas SOLD

This is the fourth of the five large Fairy Tale paintings in my new series. As a kid I always loved the image of those pesky blackbirds baked in a pie. I actually wondered what would happen if they escaped from the pie and, well, here's my take on the whole ordeal. It's pay back time, baby!

Hope you'll stop by tomorrow's opening reception of "Fairy Tales And Strange Birds" at Bread & Cie in Hillcrest from 5:30 to 7pm. Twisted Fairy Tales, a wine tasting and delicious baked goodies straight out of the Bread & Cie ovens. Could be the beginning of a great Friday evening. Hope to see you there! But if you can't make it, the show will be up until Nov 5 and the collection is now available for viewing on my website.

No comments: