Monday, March 1, 2010

Smooth Operator

4x4" oil on canvas, SOLD  

This is one of the pieces that sold at the Temptation6 show (Thank you Barbara!). Seems like a long time ago, now...but I took a little breather to catch up on the rest of my life after the show; you know: kids, bills, appointments, taxes, the adult stuff...and my other 12 full time jobs. I'm getting anxious to start on my next series for a solo show in July--itchy fingers, busy brain! That's how I know it's time to start planning the next round of paintings. That and a sketchbook filled with weird little people just begging to land on a canvas. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Kaylyn Munro said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! They look like all grown up versions of the doodles I do in really long boring meetings. And your notes are very entertaining as well. Why am I seeing an entire book or series that lets these great characters have a bit of action and a chance to tell their story?

Claire Beadon Carnell has you featured this week and I am so glad she directed me here!

Brenda York said...

Thank you so much, Kaylyn! Funny, I am actually thinking of a book featuring these wacky folks! Thanks for dropping by my blog.