Monday, November 15, 2010

Martha's Birthday Suit

4x4" oil on canvas, SOLD 

Just another naked redhead--they're a dime a dozen. In my sketchbooks, that is. This little bare-breasted beauty has been hanging around in my Moleskin for too long. It was time to liberate her with a bit of color and texture. And now that I am close to the finish line with the sixteen new paintings for my show, Fairy Tales v2, at Distinction Gallery I am looking forward to painting more of these wacky folks that have been knocking around in my head! Stay tuned...


3 comments:

Maite said...

love that purple background, and she seems to have wings...a red-headed-naked-angel perhaps?

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, too funny! Love her!

Brenda York said...

You can never have too many red-headed-naked angels--right?