Monday, March 21, 2011

Homesick

10x8", oil on canvas, SOLD

In my last post I told you about the Daily PaintWorks "Help Japan Challenge". One of my fellow painters on DPW is Keiko Tanabe. She grew up in Japan and still has family and friends living there. Personally touched by the earthquake and tsunami disasters, Kieko came up with the theme of "home" for this challenge. The paintings can be anything that represents home to the artists. As I write this post there are 132 original paintings submitted for this challenge and more are posted every hour. Every single painting is on auction through DPW and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Japanese relief efforts. It's the perfect chance to do something to help the devastated people of Japan and get an original work of art. So easy!

You can bid on this painting that I painted especially for the "Help Japan Challenge" or take a look at all the paintings that have been donated for this cause. Please bid generously!

If you are one of my artists friends, I urge you to join in--it's very easy and you don't have to be a member of Daily PaintWorks. All the information is available on the website or send me an email and I'll walk you through the process.

No comments: