Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Moonrise Over The Gardens Of Kismet

18x24" | acrylic, oil, collage and charcoal 

This painting is part of a new series that places my characters in a setting: the forest, a garden or a city. These pieces have been an opportunity for a little R&D- my playground for experimenting with new materials and different techniques. Kinda like getting a new box of crayons and a fresh tub of Play-Doh--and it's not even my birthday

First I apply acrylic gels and pastes mixed with paint to get some amazing textures and then paint on top of that with oils. The texture really grabs the oil paint and makes some yummy color combinations. In the final step I draw on top of the paint and collage with charcoal pencils. Check out these detail shots:


This painting and it's companion painting, "Fork In The Road. No Map" are both at my Texas Gallery, Marta Stafford Fine Art. If you find yourself in the area stop in and say hi to Marta. She has a bunch of really great art in her charming gallery. And tell her I sent you!

Check out all my available paintings in My DailyPaintworks Gallery. Enjoy!

No comments: