Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Writing On The Wall

On The Sixth Day of Christmas...

  
The Writing On The Wall | 6x6" | mixed media on wood panel
regular price $150| studio sale $125 + shipping




Today I’m sharing something new. I always try to make time for a little studio playtime. (If I were a biologist or a physicist it would be called R&D). It’s a good way to spill all those wild gremlins out of my head and onto canvas. Or paper, in this case.

I’ve been experimenting with new ways of rendering my characters on different materials. This piece started out as a collage and then I painted on top allowing the interesting papers to show through. I also applied a very thick coat of tinted acrylic gel to give the surface an encaustic-ish look. Finally it was mounted on a cradled wood panel and varnished.
 
Be sure to check out my 12 DAYS OF MERRY AND BRIGHT special deals on my art. 

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.


No comments: