Thursday, May 29, 2014

Secret Garden

6x6x2" | acrylic, collage and ink on wood panel | sold




No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...and yes, I've been crazy-busy! Starting with my Studio Sale both online and in San Diego. Then I participated in the always eventful ArtWalk-- again in San Diego. Followed up with graduations, visitors and just a tad of travel. Sheesh! It feels good to be back in the studio, cleaning up all the mad-clutter and getting ready for a summer of slinging paint. Can't wait!




In the meantime, I painted these little gems right before ArtWalk. They are a bit different for me and they sure got a lot of love at ArtWalk! They are collage on wood with paint and ink on top. Each one is a 2" deep cradled wood panel.



Here's the whole gang. They look really fun all together hanging in my studio!



8 comments:

AM Zafaran said...

Loved seeing your work Brenda! These paintings seem to beckon one to see more and more of them!

Brenda York said...

Thank you so much! I will be posting more (and more) of them soon! Thanks for stopping by.

Defective Jazz Services and Network said...

Lovely blog and lovely art
i appreciate you

Brenda York said...

Wow! Thanks so much. I appreciate you too!

Luxury Apartments Guy said...

Your work is so incredibly distinctive Brenda, it gives me Picasso, cubist vibes, there's something so multidimensional to your subjects.

Brenda York said...

Glad you stopped by....and thanks so much for the kind words!

Elizabeth Merchant said...

Some artists paint from the outside-in. And then a special few paint from the inside-out. Your work clearly puts your stamp on the art world. A signature look that will definetly not be confused with the artist next door. Congrats.

Brenda York said...

Awww....Elizabeth, thank you! That's so nice. I really like that concept of painting from the "inside-out". That is certainly what I try to do! Many thanks!