Sunday, March 23, 2008

Broken Wings


8x6" oil on canvas, SOLD

Today my son went back to college. It was the end of his Spring Break after a week at home sleeping and eating. I'm sure lots of kids traveled back to their colleges today. And lots of moms are feeling just a little blue. My Zac is so special. He's my hero. Zac is a cancer survivor and one heck of a determined guy. The cancer and the treatments he endured left him with many physical issues that he has to deal with every single day. And hopping a plane to Tucson to go back to U of A is not easy for him. Walking is not easy for him. And for me, well, it's a leap of faith every time he leaves home. But he loves school and like I said, he's one determined kid. Those broken wings don't slow him down. He's learning to fly. Love you, Zac...all the way to the moon!

2 comments:

Helen Read said...

Oh Brenda, what a lovely post... great tribute to a beloved son! How wonderful that he is doing so well. And as a single mom whose kids are either flown from the nest, or are perched on its edge ready to fly - I feel your feelings too. Difficult transitions all around! Love your painting(s), by the way!!

Brenda York said...

Thanks, Helen. The thing about these transitions is just when you've got it figured out, it changes! Thanks for commiserating!