Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Little Miss M. Makes Peace With The Arachnid Nation

36x24" oil on canvas, SOLD

Day two of posting the new Fairy Tale series. I'm so happy to finally be sharing them! And I'm on my way out to hang them on the glorious red walls of Bread & Cie. The opening is Friday night from 5:30-7 and all you San Diegans are invited to drop by. If you'd like to preview the whole show, all 13 new paintings are now on my website.

I really had to face my fears in painting this one--I don't have much integrity when it comes to spiders. In fact, I act all girly. Not a pretty sight. But my daughter has convinced me that we should not smash them in an act of pure power over nature. No, we should lovingly catch and re-direct them to the out-of-doors because they were here first. So she and I are spiders re-directors which requires a lot of squealing and flapping of the hands. It's a tough job. So even though this is a painting of Little Miss Muffet, it's also a little bit me. Our secret.

2 comments:

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Oh...I really love this one!
How fun!

Brenda York said...

Thanks, Deb! Scary stuff, those spiders!