Monday, October 12, 2009

Snow And Her Tribe Of Wee Bitty Boys


36x24" oil on canvas  

This is the last of the large paintings in my Fairy Tale Series. Of course Snow White had to be included along with her seven little men. Even as a kid I thought that story was just a bit tawdry. Ms. White was pretty cheeky for the 30's! In the next few days I will be posting the individual portraits of the seven wee bitty boys and I have added one more--the eighth dwarf! A female to keep those boys in line. Stay tuned...

And many, many thanks to all of you who dropped by my opening reception at Bread & Cie Friday evening. Great fun and fabulous wine (thank you Brad!). And my paintings will be hanging on those fabulous red walls until November 5.



Barbara and Danny (are they actually counting the birds in 4+20 Blackbirds Come Unhinged?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't visited recently. The Fairy Tales Rock!

RJ

Brenda York said...

Hey, thanks RJ!