Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thinking Cap

6x8" oil on canvas, SOLD


You may have noticed that I've been MIA lately. I've actually been on a trip with my 18 year old daughter looking at the colleges that she is considering attending. Lucky girl--she has several great choices. All in a beautiful part of the country--the Pacific Northwest and Northern California. And her mom? ... just a tad puny with all this. Worried about the right choice, the distance, the food, the boys (men?), the dorms...blah, blah. It's not worth using up my parental worry allotment. Seriously, the kid has a good head on her shoulders and is an old soul. Much smarter than her mother was at 18. But still....my head hurts from thinking about this too much! Taking off the thinking cap now...

"Thinking Cap" will be on exhibit along with many other paintings and monotypes at ArtWalk in San Diego April 24 & 25. You can find me on Cedar Street between India and Columbia, booth #326.

3 comments:

Lindy Gaskill said...

Found your blog through the artcalendar.com interview. I've seen your work before (can't remember where though) but I didn't know you had a blog. Love your whimsical imagery! Fun!

Ross Lynem said...

Hi! I found your blog through Mike Bailey's site. So glad i did too! These images are so much fun! I absolutely love them. A brit might say, 'i'm gobsmacked"!

Brenda York said...

Wow, thank you to Mike Bailey and ArtCalendar! So glad you both stopped by--even if you are gobsmacked! (There is a Brit in my family so I've heard this wonderful word before!)