Tuesday, May 18, 2010

B-Man And Robin


8x6" oil on canvas, SOLD

The Caped Crusader will always hold a special place in my heart. At four years old, my son, Zac, believed he was Bat-Man and his father and I just hung out in the Bat-Cave with him protecting his secret identity. Oh, and interpreting the Bat-Signals that came in regularly from Gotham City (after all, he was only four and decoding signals was not in his bag of Bat-Tricks. Yet.) And then came his baby sister, Cameron. Not really part of the story line in his four year old version of life but what can you do? After a bit of skepticism about her arrival in the Bat-Cave and months of confusion and worry that she would blow his cover with the likes of the Penguin and the Joker, she did what any good little side-kick would do. She made certain that the very first word uttered from her tiny baby lips won over the guy in the black cape (with the cool toys). Her first word was, of course "Batman". Not Mama. Not Daddy. But Batman. True story.

4 comments:

maite said...

I really don't know what I love more; your paintings, your stories or you... I think a three-way tie.

Batman rocks my socks, and Robin, well... can you see my smile? :D

Lito said...

Hi Brenda, just joined DPAG and found your blog/site....once in a while I dabble into abstract portaits of my family( much to the chagrin of the wife...kids used to love them...when they are still,...well...kids...).
All I can say "YOURS" is a class to itself....

Brenda York said...

Awww...thanks you guys!

Anonymous said...

Brenda - I just got home and B-Man looks just great next to Jaye! But he's still no substitute for Pea Bea! Will Jaye ever find her her long lost love? Thanks for the wonderful painting and all the smiles, Roland