Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dr. Lovelorn

8x6" oil on canvas 

I've been away for awhile tending to family needs. And after a stressful time of intense focus on things other than my art and painting, I am finally starting to feel the ol' fire in the belly again. It took a while to ignite the creative juices but I am finding my way back to the easel. And it feels good.

First up on my 2011 calendar is the annual Valentines Day group show at India Street Gallery (Noel-Baza Gallery). It is an exhibit by the members of Art6west, of which I am a proud member. Six women; six very different styles. This year our theme is Passion. Do stop by the Opening Reception on Saturday, February 12 from 6-9pm. There will be plenty of wine, chocolate and some very passionate artwork. Last year's party was quite the happening for Valentine's Day weekend in San Diego!

Dr. Lovelorn is my first painting after being MIA for a few weeks and I must say he makes me smile. Hope he finds a new home with someone who also could use a little sniggle!



No comments: