Monday, March 31, 2008

A Spot Of Bother In The Garden


36x24" oil on canvas, SOLD

My early education was mostly dictated by the nuns. Actually, the Sisters of Charity, God love 'em. And, as a result of said education, I had a lot of questions as a kid. Still do. There's some mystery surrounding the whole situation with Adam and Eve and the snakey guy with the apple. It could've all been so different....Like why did Eve get all the blame? Couldn't Adam show a little chutzpah and think it through first? I mean it was an apple...come on! Some of these themes show up in my work all these years later. I'm still working it out. But I like exploring some of the more bizarre concepts that were passed off as fact and truth to the little reverent Catholic kids who were actually just scared out of their bloomers. So thanks to the Sisters (of Charity) for giving me plenty of material to work with. This painting was just accepted into the Southern California juried Show at the San Diego Art Institute. And it won the Media Services award! Hail Mary! The Show will be up for six weeks if you're in the area.

1 comment:

Sue J said...

Great Painting! Love your style.