Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Royal Tizzy


8x6" oil on canvas, SOLD

It's just been one of those days. Or maybe weeks. Wait a minute, it's only Tuesday. I have been getting ready for a big show in three weeks, ArtWalk in San Diego. It's a fabulous venue (outdoor art festival in San Diego--c'mon, doesn't get much better!) And I am one of the "Featured Artists" this year. Quite an honor. So in addition to making lots of paintings and prints, signs and brochures, I am doing things like...radio interviews. And PR type events where I paint and people watch me. While they drink wine. Should be interesting to say the least. I'm not complaining. Just a little overwhelmed with the rest of my life. Wish I could put it in a shoe box on the top shelf of my closet for just a little while. Twenty-two days--max. And after my big show, I'd take it down off the shelf and, one-by-one, I'd gently pull out each little irritation, dust it off and...DEAL WITH IT! Just not now, please, I'm in a tizzy. A Royal Tizzy.

No comments: