Monday, September 15, 2008

Woody Was A Shrewd Bird


8x6" oil on canvas, PURCHASE INFORMATION

A friend recently told me that she knows someone that just lost her beloved bird, Woody. He was yellow with little rosy cheeks. I started thinking about bird names and how Woody is probably one of the top five names people give their pet birds (thanks to Woody Woodpecker). So just to confirm my hunch (and because I’ve got nothin’ better to do…) I googled “most popular bird names”. Plenty of Kiwis, Pistachios, Charlies, Big Birds(?!), Peanuts and, my personal favorite, Dr. Pickle. Not one named for the famous woodpecker. Seems like an oversight to me. So this painting is in honor of that rare bird. Woody. R.I.P.

3 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

I love your use of colors

Unknown said...

You are too funny! That sounds like a way I would have to spend ( waste) time. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what my post is about today.
This has so much life and character, like all of your work.

Brenda York said...

Thanks you guys! just hoping I didn't offend any bird lovers....