Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Global Gothic


18x24" oil on canvas, SOLD

Wondering if I do commissions? The answer is yes, well.... kinda sorta. As long as you don't really expect that it will look like you or your family. What I mean is that the good folks that have hired me to do paintings of their family fully expect my wacky version of their family. And they're OK with that. Really. I’ll collect a few interesting details and lots of photos. I then rearrange the facial structure while maintaining the essence and personality of the subject. And I always find a way to interject some humor and whimsy! Like in this painting of Catherine and Andy and their two girls. They teach in international schools and travel all over the globe (notice the airplanes). And Sammy, the dog goes too! Between now and Christmas I have time in my schedule for a couple more commissioned pieces. So if it’s something you’ve been thinking about, this just might be the perfect time. On my website, there is a portfolio of past commissions that you can peruse. Then, if you would like me to email a copy of my Commission Price List or would just like to chat about my approach to painting a commissioned portrait for you, just send me an email. I would love to talk to you!

1 comment:

Helen Read said...

As always, Brenda, your work brings a smile to my face and I'm inspired by your view on people and life and art!