Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mama Mia

10x8" oil on canvas, SOLD

This little painting is my yearly nod to Mother's Day (happy day to all my mom friends) and a little shout-out to Bruna. She was my son, Zac's mom-away-from-mom while he spent a semester in Italy. He lived with her for four months and I think she spoiled him just a tad (said with expressive hand motions). She spoke no English but Zac speaks some Italian. But she mothered him well with homemade pasta, white tablecloths and warm milk in the morning. Yep. La dolce vita. Grazie, Bruna. And Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for taking care of my boy.

2 comments:

Ann Rogers said...

Have no idea how I was led to your site, you know how these blogs are like falling dominos and one leads to another! Anyway, what a treat to enjoy your whimsical paintings....and... what an imagination you must have! Fun, fun fun!!!

Brenda York said...

Thank you, Ann! I'm really glad you found your way to my blog--whatever the path! Hope you'll check in again...