Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mom E. & Dearest


10x8" oil on canvas, SOLD

Yet another Mother’s Day painting. I’m not really one to sugar-coat the whole Mother’s Day “holiday” in my artwork (Hallmark’s definitely not knocking on my door). Big surprise, huh? I mean the flowers and the gifts and breakfast in bed are truly wonderful but what I really want is a nap. And a good book and time to read my good book. And then something made by the hands of my children. That’s all…well, maybe a “Get out of Jail Free” card on dinner duties for a whole week. Now there’s an idea for a Mother’s Day card. Pay attention, Hallmark!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hallmark might not be interested, but I am! Your work is wonderful - expressive, interesting, and skillfully rendered. Can't wait to see more!

Brenda York said...

Thank you, Kathy! I'm glad you stopped by...and I hope Hallmark is paying attention!

Linny D. Vine said...

This one really appeals.....your titles are superb.....keep on having fun, Brenda!!!

Brenda York said...

I certainly do have fun with the titles but sometimes I feel like it takes more time to name the painting than to paint the painting! Thanks for your kind words, Linny!