Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Eye On The Prize

8x6" oil on canvas, SOLD

In my family there are several different levels of carnivores and herbivores. Those that crave a juicy steak and those that will only eat things that never had a face. And then there's the one that will only eat something that had a beak on it's face or fins instead of feet. It's complicated, to say the least. So the smarty pants carnivores get a big charge out of pointing out (at least once a week) to the herbivore (that desperately needs more protein in her diet) that eggs are really just "liquid chicken". I am so over cooking...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda, just wanted to pop in to say that I loved your artwork and recent post on daily painters abstract gallery:) Good luck with the preparations of the exhibition, and I have turned into a "veggie" 2 months ago whereas my husband is the absolute carnivore, so your post here made me laugh a lot:)
Have a wonderful day
Greetings from Paris
Andrea
PS, I have once been in San Diego and just LOVED this town:)

Helen Read said...

Ha!! Love the painting, but also the story behind it! :)

Brenda York said...

Thanks you guys! Had to think twice about posting that story...it's a little bit gross!