Monday, August 10, 2009

Prince Liftoff

8x6" oil on canvas

OK, it's the fourth year in a row and you'd think I'd get used to it by now. My son is taking off for his last year of school at the University of Arizona. I have mixed feelings. To say the least. He loves school, the college life, the desert and living on his own. And I'm happy about all of that...really. It's just that...I kinda like havin' him around. Eating and napping and eating some more. Always with the food, this one. When he's not eating he's talking about it and planning meals and grocery lists. Surprising that he's such a skinny guy. Well, it's my fourth year and I'm still whining about this leaving business. So once again, my son, I will tell you to spread your wings but remember your roots. (And answer your cell phone when I call!)

No comments: