Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lovejoy And The Devil Of Delight

24x36" oil on canvas, email me for more information

One more from my Valentines Day series. Loved painting these two lovers...sometimes I feel like I'm just "the hand" that holds the brush, that pushes the paint around, that becomes these colorful and quirky little people. Not really sure how it all comes together but that's the magic and I guess I don't really want to understand. And so it goes...

Lovejoy And The Devil Of Delight are proudly hanging on the wall at India Street Gallery as part of the Temptation6 exhibit. Drop by anytime before Feb 17 but if you really want to get in the mood for Valentines Day come on Friday, Feb 12 to the opening reception from 6-9. Art, wine and chocolate...love is in the air.

Speaking of love....meet Theresa Vandenberg Donche, one of the artists in the Temptation6 show. I absolutely love her paintings and have for such a long time. I'm so proud and excited to be showing alongside her. Her paintings dance with delicious color and interesting textures. And there's always a linear component in her work, whether scratched into the paint or drawn on top with pencil or charcoal. Take a look at her website but more importantly, come see her work in person at Temptation6. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: