Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hot Diggity Dogg 2.0

 12x9" oil on canvas, SOLD

This painting is special. It is the 455th painting I've posted on this blog--oy! And it's even more special because it's the result of one big brain-fart. That's right. Painted on a day when all cylinders were not firing. All my wacky little people  start out as a sketch in my Moleskine sketchbook--we've talked about this recently, remember? Well, I especially liked the sketch for this fellow--so much so that I painted him twice without realizing it. Oh, brother! So now we have the original Hot Diggity Dogg and H. D. D. 2.0. I've always liked a good sequel.


Hot Diggity Dog (the original) 

10x8" oil on canvas, SOLD  




4 comments:

Caroline Peña Bray said...

You never fail to make me smile! Congrats on a great brain-fart! Love this new version, largely because of the small dog - like some little angel/devil (delete as applicable) on his shoulder.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

How funny! I'm so glad to know you have BBF's too! Makes me feel better. I love this guy, but then, I love all your paintings and wish I could take them all home with me!

Barbara Fox said...

Same guy, different dogs. Love them both.

Brenda York said...

Good to know I'm not the only one stricken with Brain Farts. Thanks, Guys!