Monday, September 17, 2007

Offshoot In Green


8x10" oil on canvas, SOLD
Been thinking a lot lately about that mother and child symbiotic relationship. Probably because my son is turning 20 on Sunday. And my daughter, 16--soon enough. Both are milestone ages and both seem so...well, old! Many times when I start a painting I don't intend it to be about my personal life but, before I finish, some thought that's been knocking around in my brain reveals itself in the painting. I guess it's cheaper than therapy...

2 comments:

jenedypaige said...

Brenda I love your work! It really has a fabulous rhythm and style. I think I want to hang your work in my children's room someday. Do you ever do bigger pieces, or gallery shows?

Brenda York said...

Thanks, Jenedy! Yes, I do larger pieces but I haven't posted many of them on this blog, Hmmm...maybe I should start doing that! And I have a couple of paintings in The Regional Show at The San Diego Art Institute now until Oct. 6.