Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dinner Party

Feed animals at your own risk!   

 12x30" oil on canvas, email me for availability  

Wondering where I've been? Well, it's a long story...many twists and turns. But throughout my absence here I have painted...daily. Nightly. And in the wee morning hours. (I don't recommend it!) But finally it has all come together: 16 new paintings for my solo exhibit at The San Diego Art Institute! The show is up and the opening reception is this Friday. If you are in San Diego please stop by from 6 to 8pm. The show is titled "Long Story Short" inspired by the book, “Six-Word Memoirs By Writers Famous And Obscure”. Take a look at my artist statement where I shed some light on the concept and inspiration for this body of work.

For now I will be posting these new pieces along with the six word autobiographical story (above in red) that accompanies each painting in my show. If you just can't wait to see the entire collection, hop on over to my website where I have posted all 16 paintings under the portfolio tab. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

OMG! What an interesting & amazing concept for a show! Wish I were over there in SD to see them in person!!! Congrats on a show I'm sure will be a great success!

Mike said...

"Break a Leg!" at your show, Brenda! Sending all my best wishes.

Maite said...

I can't wait to see them in person. I will be there on Friday!!
Congratulations

Brenda York said...

Thanks everyone! Glad to have this show under my belt and it's on to the next one! Hope you all are having a fabulous summer!